Monday, December 29, 2008

Mary did you know?


This is my favorite Christmas song. (well non-traditional Christmas song... )


Mary, did you knowthat your Baby Boy would one day walk on water?

Mary, did you knowthat your Baby Boy would save our sons and daughters?

Did you know that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?

This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.


Mary, did you knowthat your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?

Mary, did you knowthat your Baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?

Did you know that your Baby Boy has walked where angels trod?

When you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?


The blind will see.And the deaf will hear.The dead will live again.

The lame will leap.The dumb will speak. The praises of The Lamb.


Mary, did you knowthat your Baby Boy is Lord of all creation?

Mary, did you knowthat your Baby Boy will one day rule the nations?

Did you knowthat your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?

The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am.


As I was rocking the girls to sleep Christmas Eve I found myself in awe of their perfect little faces and all their dainty features. I watched as they peacefully slept breathing in and out ever so slowly. They were all wrapped up and felt so warm in my arms. Its these moments of motherhood that I longed for all those years. These moments of pure bliss, deep gratitude and complete happiness I craved from deep in my soul. I couldn't believe that these precious little girls were actually in MY arms. I pondered how deep my love was for these two angel babies. I thought of how Mary must have felt when she held baby Jesus. Did she study his beautiful face? Was she too amazed by the incredible love she had for her newborn son? What dreams did she have for her son ... knowing that He was the Son of God? I wondered if she was overwhelmed by the awesome responsibility that was hers ... to raise the Son of God!!

No comments: