Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sisters


A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. ~Isadora James
As most of you know I am an only child. I have made a habit of harassing my parents about wanting sibling for most of my life and promised them I would NEVER have an only child. (Its really not so bad ... but at this point why stop harassing them right??) I envy my mother's relationship with her sisters. They are so very close and share things in a way that an only child can only dream of comprehending. I watch my cousins with their siblings and am so jealous of the closeness that they share. While I am so greatful for my friends- many of whom are like sisters to me- I know its just not the same. When I found out I was expecting twins I felt great joy knowing that I would not have an only child- and I cannot even begin to explain the abundance of my joy when I found out it was TWO GIRLS!! Oh how I love girls!! I just knew in my heart that they would be so close and never long for companionship or someone to share their deepest secrets with. I knew they would share many adventures and have a bond that runs through every fiber of their being. I very much look forward to seeing Natalie and Abbie Grace grow in that special sisterly love.

2 comments:

Robin D said...

That is so sweet! I know I love my sisters and I cherish all the memories we have had and will have. They will be so close...ohhhh I just can't wait to see them grow!
I love that picture especially with little Gracie's hand in her mouth...too cute!

christine said...

Hi Elizabeth. I have finally found the best way to communicate with you. Carmen told me about the blog today. She also told me you don't have text messaging ( which is why you haven't gotten my messages). The girls are BEAUTIFUL! I wish I couldve met them at the ornament party but cole woke up with fever and I didn't want the girls to get sick. We did hang last years on the tree. It's amazing how much can change in a year. Brent and I had so much fun watching and playing with cole and all his toys this year. I hope you and your family bad a great Christmas.