Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Fathers Day


Happy Fathers Day Paul!! I truly enjoy watching you with our girls. You are a wonderful father. I find joy in seeing you love our girls- playing with them, comforting them, teaching them, praying with them & for them, making them laugh etc. Thank you for working so hard so that I can stay home with them each day. I love you.

We started the day eating breakfast together at the table- unfortunatley a rare event these days. It meant a lot to me! I made whole wheat pancakes and eggs. The girls ate pancakes too! Paul opened his presents and cards- including on that played music. I splurged for the singing hot pepper card ... i couldnt resist! I had suprised him and had the girls pictures made for Fathers Day. You can see one of the pictures by his cards above. We all went to church together which was very nice too! We had a suprise visit from Paul's mother, father, little sister and cousin. The girls put on quite a show crawling, pulling up, babbling etc.

The girls missed celebrating with Opa (my dad) but they are looking forward to seeing him in just a few weeks. I also though about my sweet Papa. Its hard to believe he has been gone for three years. I know he would have loved seeing our precious little girls ... I feel confident he is watching from above!

I had intended to get a family picture at church ... but the girls were tired and fussy so sadly i missed my opportunity!

No comments: